If you missed them, here are some of the successes:
- Nathan is back in regular school, with support, staying a full day and managing his school world successfully almost every day!
- I understand that Nathan has been self regulating all day long and when he gets home it will almost always fall apart at least for a short time. I get it and it is ok.
- Nathan acknowledges and apologizes for all of his verbal or physical threats almost immediately. He has learned his actions and words can have an impact on others, (me in this case) and he appropriately takes responsibility.
- Nathan recognizes that events that happen at school need to be resolved and he does resolve most of them before the end of the day. Again, this is with adult support at school but he is successful at it!
- Nathan is actively doing his after school must do jobs. Book bag in its place, contents unpacked, no nagging or reminders required. That is responsible.
- Nathan hugs me because he knows it is important to me. He knows it is how you show love and affection. He is looking outside himself and to the welfare of others.
- Nate and I manage an extremely disruptive daily transition and we both know we are loved.
I would have never predicted that this would be our new normal after school routine or that this new normal would actually feel good!
For a list of all Neurologically Gifted’s Articles: CLICK HERE!